Here are just some of my many favorite Twilight Quotes!
"It doesn't matter to me what you are"
A hard, mocking voice entered his voice "You don't care if I'm a monster? If I'm not human?"
"No"
He was silent, staring straight ahead again. His face was bleak and Cold
(p184)
First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn't know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionaly and irrevocably in love with him.
(p195)
"Do you truely believe that you care more for me than I do for you?" he murmered, leaning closer to me as he spoke, his dark, golden eyes piercing
I tried to remember how to exhale. I had to look away before it came back to me.
(p208)
Time for gym. I stood with care, worried my balance might have been affected by the strange, new intensity between us.
He walked be to my next class in silence & paused at the door; I turned to say goodbye. His fave startled me-his expression was torn, almost pained, and so fiercely beautiful that the ache to touch him flared as strong as before. My goodbye stuck in my throat.
(p220)
But our eyes held, and the silence deepened-and changed. Flickers of the electricity I'd felt this afteroon began to charge the atmosphere as he gazed unrelentingly into my eyes. It wasn't until y head started to swi that I realized I wasn't breathing. When I drew in a jagged breath, breaking the stillness, he closed his eyes.
(p225)
"It's twilight," Edward murmered, looking at the western horizon, abscured as it was with the clouds. His voice was thoughtfull, as if his mind were somewhere far away. I stared at him as he gazed unseeingly out the windshield. I was still staring when his eyes suddenly shifted back to mine.
I didn't hesitate his time, climbing in the passenger side quickly, the sooner to see his face. He grinned his crooked smile at me, stopping my breath and my heart. I couldn't imagine how an angle could be any more glorious. There was nothing about him that could be improved upon.
"How did you sleep?" he answered. I wondered if he had any idea how appealing his voice was.
(241)
Edward in the sunlight was shocking. I couldn't get used to it, though I'd been staring at him all afternoon. His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday's hunting trip, litterally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface. He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare. His glistening, pale lavendar lids were shut, though of course he didn't sleep. A perfect statue, carved in some unknown stone, smooth like a marble, glittering like a crystal. Now and then, his lips would move, so fast it looked like they were trembling. but, when I asked, he told me he was singing to himself; it was too low for me to hear.
"Isabella" He pronounced my full name carefully, then playfully ruffled my hair with his free hand. A shock ran through my body at his casual touch. "Bell, I couldn't live with myself if I ever urt you.. You don't know how it's tortured me." He looked down, ashamed again."The thouht of you, still, white, cold...to never see you blush scarlet again, to never see that flash of intuition in your eyes when you see through my pretenses...it would be enendurable." He lifter his glorious, agonized eyes to mine."You are to me now. The most important thing to me ever." My head was spinning the most important thingat the rapid change in direction our conversation had taken. From the cheerfil topic of my impeading demise, we were suddenly declaring ourselves. He waited, and even though i looked down to study our hands between us, I knew his golden eyes were on me.
"You already know how I feel of course" I finally said "I'm here...which, roughly translated, means I would rather die than stay away from you." I frowned "I'm an idiot."
"You are an idiot" he agreed with a laugh. Our eyes met, and I laughed too. We laughed together at the idiocy and sheer imposibility of such a-moment.
"And so the Lion fell in love with the lamb...," he murmered.
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed
"What a sick, masochistic lion." He stared into the shadowy forest for a long moment, and I wondered where his thoughts had taken him.
(p274)
Monday, December 22, 2008
Twilight Quotes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment